Importing Class Rosters from ClassLink
LanSchool Air supports using ClassLink
as a source for class rosters. With ClassLink integration, instructors will not need to manually create classes and manually add students to their class rosters. Instructors can still create their own classes manually
, but classes synced to ClassLink from your district's SIS will appear automatically for them.
ClassLink Integration Tips
- Using ClassLink as a source for class rosters will disable Google Classroom sync for instructors and Clever and CSV rostering.
- To add student devices to LanSchool Air, the client must be deployed and the devices must be provisioned. Refer to the LanSchool Air Setup Guide for more instructions.
- After successfully syncing ClassLink rosters with LanSchool Air, Site Administrators can confirm an instructor's rosters are correct by finding their account in Admin Settings > People and selecting Show Classes.
- ClassLink must already be configured with your Student Information System (SIS). To get started, visit ClassLink | Identity & Access Management for Education.
- For Chromebook students, students must have their Google Workspace email address populated in ClassLink's email field. (e.g. email@example.com).
- For Windows and macOS student devices, students must have their local device login name populated in ClassLink's username field (e.g. jsmith).
These data field requirements (email and username) allow LanSchool Air to match the student in the roster to the device they are logged in to. If your data does not meet these requirements or if you have any questions, please contact the Customer Success Team.
Setup Data Sharing
A ClassLink Admin can add the LanSchool Air application to their portal.
- Log into ClassLink.
- Go to ClassLink Roster Server.
- Click on Apps.
- Click on +Add.
- Search for LanSchool Air and click +Add.
- On the Applications page ensure LanSchool Air is Enabled.
- Confirm all necessary user data is being shared.
- Use Rule-Based Permissions to only share the schools or classes that are using LanSchool Air.
Enabling ClassLink Sync
- Log into LanSchool Air as a Site Admin,
- Go to Settings > Setup.
Under Classroom Management, click Enable
Enabling ClassLink disables the ability for teachers to sync LanSchool Air with Google Classroom. Any classes that were imported from Google Classroom will be removed from LanSchool Air. They will not be removed from Google Classroom.
- Click Confirm on the pop-up message.
- If prompted, log in with your ClassLink Admin Credentials.
- You'll be taken back to LanSchool Air where your roster data will be confirmed.
- Verify that your roster data is correct then click Sync to sync the data.
- On the ClassLink Sync page select Done.
- Teachers with LanSchool Air accounts should now see their ClassLink classes under their My Classes page.
Importing Class Rosters from Clever
Overview LanSchool Air supports using Clever as a source for class rosters. With Clever integration, instructors will not need to manually create classes and manually add students to their class rosters. Instructors can still create their own classes ...
Importing Class Rosters from Google Classroom
Overview Instructors can import class rosters directly from Google Classroom. After the initial sync is enabled, changes that occur in Google Classroom will be automatically synced with LanSchool Air every night. The sync can be re-initiated at ...
Importing Class Rosters from CSV Files
Overview CSV Import offers an an alternative solution for classroom roster management within LanSchool Air. It allows for Site Admins to import data from CSV files to populate LanSchool Air with class rosters on behalf of teachers. Currently, site ...
Creating and Managing Class Rosters Manually
Overview Classes can be created manually, or they can be imported. If you plan to import classes, the method to use depends on method the LanSchool Air site administrator selected. For more information, see: Syncing and Unsyncing Classes from Google ...
Customizing the My Classes Page
Overview When classes are imported by a LanSchool Air administrator, the import transfers all classes. Use the show/hide buttons to hide classes that are not for the current term or classes that you want to hide for other reasons. Filtering Classes ...
Viewing Student Client Status
Overview If a student device is appearing as offline, check the status of LanSchool Air client installed on the student's device to make sure it's provisioned and connected. To see the current status of the student client, open the LanSchool Air chat ...
Using Web Limiting
Overview To block troublesome or distracting websites or limit students to a select few websites pertinent to the class, use the Web Limiting feature in LanSchool Air. There is currently no limit on the number of URLs that can be added to the block ...
Mass Deploying LanSchool Air for Chromebook Student
This guide walks site administrators through the process of deploying the LanSchool Air app to students using Chromebooks and getting LanSchool Air ready for instructors to use. For information on installing the LanSchool Air app to Windows or Mac ...
Controlling Student Browser Tabs
Overview Controlling browser tabs is currently supported for students using Chromebooks. Students on Windows or macOS devices will only display the most recently viewed website. In List View and Student Details, you have added controls over tabs on a ...
Using Blank Screen
Overview LanSchool Air's customizable Blank Screen feature enables you to push a Blank Screen to your students' computers. When you enable Blank Screen, students are not able to view or listen to anything on their device until the Blank Screen is ...
Generating Audit Reports
Overview Audit reports detailing changes made to the LanSchool Air environment are available to LanSchool Air Site Admins. These reports track who made the changes and when. Accessing Audit Reports LanSchool Air Site Admins can access audit reports. ...
Importing Class Rosters from ClassLink
Overview LanSchool Air supports using ClassLink as a source for class rosters. With ClassLink integration, instructors will not need to manually create classes and manually add students to their class rosters. Instructors can still create their own ...
Deploying LanSchool Air Using Jamf Pro
Overview The LanSchool Air for MacOS agent supports a few different deployment methods. See Mass Deploying LanSchool Air for Mac Student for more detailed instructions. Please note that our support team can only provide limited assistance with ...
Disabling Fast User Switching
Overview LanSchool Air does not support Windows Fast User Switching feature. The student client will not function properly when the computer is switched to a second user account. It is recommended to disable Fast User Switching in order for the ...
Configuring Idle Timeout
Overview By default, instructors will be automatically logged out of LanSchool Air after they have been idle for 2 hours. Site Admin users can configure the idle timeout settings to increase the amount of time instructors can remain idle before being ...