Setting up the Secure Sync between Clever and LanSchool Air
LanSchool Air supports using Clever
as a source for class rosters. With Clever integration, instructors will not need to manually create classes and manually add students to their class rosters. Instructors can still create their own classes manually
, but classes synced to Clever from your district's SIS will appear automatically for them.
At this time, LanSchool Air does not support using Clever for authentication. Instructors must be added to LanSchool Air by a Site Admin using the email invitation process. See Adding Instructors
for more information. Instructors can login to LanSchool Air using a password or the Sign in with Google button.
Clever Integration Tips
- Using Clever as a source for class rosters will disable Google Classroom sync for instructors. Since rosters imported from Google Classroom only support Chromebook students, many customers choose to use Clever as a rostering source when their students are using Windows or macOS devices.
- To add student devices to LanSchool Air, the client must be deployed and the devices must be provisioned. Refer to the LanSchool Air Setup Guide for more instructions.
- LanSchool Air will display all of the classes (sections) that have been shared from Clever. To limit which terms or semesters are shared with LanSchool Air, ask your Clever District Admin to modify the Sharing Rules from within the Clever Dashboard. More information on this is available here: https://support.clever.com/hc/en-us/articles/204059586-How-does-Clever-handle-term-rollover- .
- After successfully syncing Clever rosters with LanSchool Air, have an instructor login to confirm their class rosters are available.
- Clever Secure Sync must already be configured between your Student Information System (SIS) and Clever. To get started, visit https://clever.com/schools.
- For Chromebook students, students must have their G Suite email address populated in Clever's email field (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org).
- For Windows and macOS student devices, students must have their local login name populated in Clever's credentials.district_username field (e.g. jsmith).
These data field requirements (email and username) allow LanSchool Air to match the student in the roster to the device they are logged in to.
Step 1 - Setup Data Sharing
Lenovo Software sends an invitation to your
Clever District Admin to initiate the process of sharing your schools’ rosters
with LanSchool Air. Alternatively, Clever users can initiate the process by
requesting to connect with LanSchool Air via the Clever App Library by clicking Request application .
Your Clever District Admin will accept the
invite and select which data to share with LanSchool Air by ensuring that the Accept with recommended sharing radio button is selected and clicking Continue . Most districts share
data based on which schools will be using LanSchool Air. If the district initiated the process, please wait for Lenovo Software to approve the request.
Once sharing rules are accepted and the sync is
launched, it may take up to two hours for the initial data sync to occur.
If your Clever Sync is currently paused, you must contact email@example.com
to initiate the initial sync
That’s it! Updates to any class rosters made in
your Student Information System (SIS) will be synced to Clever based on your Secure Sync schedule. Once in
Clever, those updates will be synced to LanSchool Air on a nightly basis.
- Follow the rest of the guide to make the Clever Rosters available to your teachers in LanSchool Air.
Step 2 - Import Clever Rosters
- Log in to LanSchool Air as a user with the Site Admin role.
- Open the sidebar menu and navigate to Settings > Setup. When the Setup pane opens, scroll down and click the Clever tile to enable.
Enabling Clever disables the ability for teachers to sync LanSchool Air with Google Classroom. Any classes that were imported from Google Classroom will be removed from LanSchool Air. They will not be removed from Google Classroom.
A confirmation dialog displays.
If it's your first time enabling Clever Integration, a browser window displays, prompting you to
login to Clever. Site Admins must authenticate to Clever as a District Admin, Teacher, or staff member. This will connect your entire LanSchool Air
organization to Clever. Search for your school name, enter your username and password, and then click Log in.
With Clever Integration active, teachers will
automatically see their Clever classes appear in LanSchool Air. These classes
cannot be modified or removed from within LanSchool Air. All modifications must
be made in the district’s Student Information System (SIS) that is synced with Clever.
- (Optional) Clever classes sync with LanSchool Air
automatically every night. To force a manual resync:
- Log in to LanSchool Air
as a user with the Site Admin role.
Open the sidebar menu.
Navigate to Settings
- Select the Refresh icon on the Clever tile to initiate a full re-sync.
Importing Classes from Google Classroom
Overview Instructors can import class rosters directly from Google Classroom. After the initial sync is enabled, changes that occur in Google Classroom will be automatically synced with LanSchool Air every night. The sync can be re-initiated at ...
LanSchool Air Setup Guide
Who Should Use this Guide? LanSchool Air site administrators responsible for installing LanSchool Air on student devices, configuring admin settings, and inviting instructors. What Does This Guide Cover? This guide provides instructions for: ...
LanSchool Air Release Notes
LanSchool Air Release Notes Updates to LanSchool Air are applied automatically and rolled out globally over a period of 1 to 2 weeks, so the latest updates noted in the release notes might not be available in your region for a few more days. ...
Creating and Managing Classes
Overview Classes can be created manually, or they can be imported from Google Classroom or Clever. If you plan to import classes, the method to use depends on method the LanSchool Air site administrator selected. For more information, see: Syncing ...
LanSchool Air User Guide
Who Should Use this Guide? Teachers who have received an invitation from a site admin to create a LanSchool Air account Site admins who are setting up an account for a teacher What Does this Guide Cover? This guide provides instructions for: ...
Mass Deploying LanSchool Air for Chromebook Student
This guide walks site administrators through the process of deploying the LanSchool Air app to students using Chromebooks and getting LanSchool Air ready for instructors to use. For information on installing the LanSchool Air app to Windows or Mac ...
Using Web Limiting
Overview To block troublesome or distracting websites or limit students to a select few websites pertinent to the class, use the Web Limiting feature in LanSchool Air. There is currently no limit on the number of URLs that can be added to the block ...
Using Blank Screen
Overview LanSchool Air's customizable Blank Screen feature enables you to push a Blank Screen to your students' computers. When you enable Blank Screen, students are not able to view or listen to anything on their device until the Blank Screen is ...
Viewing Student Screens
Overview When a class has started in Grid View or Group View, the teacher will see thumbnail size images of each student's screen along with a status message indicating whether the student is online, offline, or in a different state. While in ...
Installing LanSchool Air for Windows Student
Overview This article explains how to install the Windows client on an individual student device. For instructions on deploying the Windows client to a large number of student devices, see Mass Deploying LanSchool Air for Windows Student. You must ...
Managing Instructor Profile Settings
Overview Instructors may want to change their name or the display name that the student sees in LanSchool Air. This can be done using the Edit Profile option. User can also manage their LanSchool Air password and their communication preferences. ...
2/25/21 - Support Notice - LanSchool Air for Student Windows Devices
Overview If using LanSchool Air on Chromebook or Mac student devices only, please disregard this notice. An issue was identified on February 25, 2021 that caused Windows student devices to appear offline in LanSchool Air classes. We apologize for ...
Sharing Instructor Screen with the Class
This feature is currently in Early Access. To request this feature be enabled for your LanSchool Air organization, please contact the Customer Success team. Overview When a class is started, the instructor has the ability to broadcast their screen to ...
Lenovo VR Classroom 2 Headset Support
The LanSchool support team can assist with questions related to the LanSchool Air integration. For more information and headset support please see the Lenovo VR Classroom 2 site. If you need help with the headset or anything non-LanSchool Air ...
LanSchool Air Video Tutorials
For detailed information on how to use each feature of LanSchool Air, visit the Using LanSchool Air in the Classroom section of our Help Center. For quick, video demonstrations of each feature in action, visit our "LanSchool Air Features" Video ...