Importing Class Rosters from Clever
LanSchool Air supports using
as a source for class rosters. With Clever integration, instructors will not need to manually create classes and manually add students to their class rosters.
Instructors can still create their own classes manually
, but classes synced to Clever from your district's SIS will appear automatically for them.
At this time, LanSchool Air does not support using Clever for authentication. Instructors must be added to LanSchool Air by a Site Admin using the email invitation process. See
for more information. Instructors can login to LanSchool Air using a password, the Sign in with Google button, or with Single Sign-On through Azure Active Directory
Clever Integration Tips
- Using Clever as a source for class rosters will disable Google Classroom sync for instructors. Since rosters imported from Google Classroom only support Chromebook students, many customers choose to use Clever as a rostering source when their students are using Windows or macOS devices.
- To add student devices to LanSchool Air, the client must be deployed and the devices must be provisioned. Refer to the LanSchool Air Setup Guide for more instructions.
- LanSchool Air will display all of the classes (sections) that have been shared from Clever. To limit which terms or semesters are shared with LanSchool Air, ask your Clever District Admin to modify the Sharing Rules from within the Clever Dashboard. More information is available here: https://support.clever.com/s/articles/204059586.
- After successfully syncing Clever rosters with LanSchool Air, Site Administrators can confirm an instructor's rosters are correct by finding their account in Admin Settings > People and selecting Show Classes.
- Clever Secure Sync must already be configured between your Student Information System (SIS) and Clever. To get started, visit https://clever.com/schools.
- For Chromebook students, students must have their Google Workspace email address populated in Clever's email field (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org).
- For Windows and macOS student devices, students must have their local device login name populated in Clever's credentials.district_username field (e.g. jsmith).
These data field requirements (email and username) allow LanSchool Air to match the student in the roster to the device they are logged in to. If your data does not meet these requirements or if you have any questions, please contact the Customer Success Team
Step 1 - Setup Data Sharing
A Clever District Admin can initiate the process by requesting to connect with LanSchool via the Clever App Library by clicking
. Alternatively, contact your district's LanSchool Customer Success Manager and we can get the process started for you.
Once the request to share has been approved, your Clever District Admin will select which data to share with LanSchool by ensuring that the
Accept with recommended sharing radio button is selected and clicking
Continue . Most districts share data based on which schools will be using LanSchool Air.
Once sharing rules are accepted and the sync is launched, it may take up to two hours for the initial data sync to occur.
That’s it! Updates to any class rosters made in your Student Information System (SIS) will be synced to Clever based on your Secure Sync schedule. Once in Clever, those updates will be synced to LanSchool Air on a nightly basis.
- Follow the rest of the guide to make the Clever Rosters available to your teachers in LanSchool Air.
Step 2 - Import Clever Rosters
- Log in to LanSchool Air as a user with the Site Admin role.
- Open the sidebar menu and navigate to Settings > Setup. When the Setup pane opens, scroll down and click the Clever tile to enable.
Enabling Clever disables the ability for teachers to sync LanSchool Air with Google Classroom. Any classes that were imported from Google Classroom will be removed from LanSchool Air. They will
not be removed from Google Classroom.
A confirmation dialog displays.
If it's your first time enabling Clever Integration, a browser window displays, prompting you to login to Clever. Site Admins must authenticate to Clever as a District Admin, Teacher, or staff member. This will connect your entire LanSchool Air organization to Clever. Search for your school name, enter your username and password, and then click
With Clever Integration active, teachers will automatically see their Clever classes appear in LanSchool Air. These classes cannot be modified or removed from within LanSchool Air. All modifications must be made in the district’s Student Information System (SIS) that is synced with Clever.
- (Optional) Clever classes sync with LanSchool Air automatically every night. To force a manual resync:
- Log in to LanSchool Air as a user with the Site Admin role.
Open the sidebar menu.
Settings > Setup.
- Select the Refresh icon on the Clever tile to initiate a full re-sync.
Importing Class Rosters from CSV Files
Overview CSV Import offers an an alternative solution for classroom roster management within LanSchool Air. It allows for Site Admins to import data from CSV files to populate LanSchool Air with class rosters on behalf of teachers. Currently, site ...
Importing Class Rosters from Google Classroom
Overview Instructors can import class rosters directly from Google Classroom. After the initial sync is enabled, changes that occur in Google Classroom will be automatically synced with LanSchool Air every night. The sync can be re-initiated at ...
Creating and Managing Class Rosters Manually
Overview Classes can be created manually, or they can be imported from Google Classroom or Clever. If you plan to import classes, the method to use depends on method the LanSchool Air site administrator selected. For more information, see: Syncing ...
Customizing the My Classes Page
Overview When classes are imported from Google Classroom or Clever, the import transfers all classes. Use the show/hide buttons to hide classes that are not for the current term or classes that you want to hide for other reasons. Filtering Classes To ...
Disabling Manual Class Creation
Overview By default, teachers are able to manually create their classes. This is feature is more commonly used in organizations that do not use pre-configured class rosters from Clever, Google Classroom or CSV import. Teachers may also manually ...
Viewing Student Client Status
Overview If a student device is appearing as offline, check the status of LanSchool Air client installed on the student's device to make sure it's provisioned and connected. To see the current status of the student client, open the LanSchool Air chat ...
Using Web Limiting
Overview To block troublesome or distracting websites or limit students to a select few websites pertinent to the class, use the Web Limiting feature in LanSchool Air. There is currently no limit on the number of URLs that can be added to the block ...
Mass Deploying LanSchool Air for Chromebook Student
This guide walks site administrators through the process of deploying the LanSchool Air app to students using Chromebooks and getting LanSchool Air ready for instructors to use. For information on installing the LanSchool Air app to Windows or Mac ...
Controlling Student Browser Tabs
Overview Controlling browser tabs is currently supported for students using Chromebooks. Students on Windows or macOS devices will only display the most recently viewed website. In List View, you have added controls over tabs on a student's screen. ...
Using Blank Screen
Overview LanSchool Air's customizable Blank Screen feature enables you to push a Blank Screen to your students' computers. When you enable Blank Screen, students are not able to view or listen to anything on their device until the Blank Screen is ...
Closing Student Applications
Overview Instructors can view a list of students' running applications and can force close distracting applications on students' Windows or MacOS devices. This feature can help instructors keep students on task during class. App closing is not ...
Excluding Students from Class
Overview If a student is absent from class or otherwise does not need to be monitored, an instructor can choose to exclude them from the class session. Excluding a student will temporarily remove them from the classroom view and any commands issued ...
Enabling Two-Factor Authentication
Early Access: To request this feature be enabled for your LanSchool Air organization, please contact the Customer Success team. Overview Site Admins can enable two-factor authentication for other site admins or teachers. This provides extra account ...
Scheduling Classes to Dismiss Automatically
Overview Instructors can set their classes to automatically dismiss the student devices when the class ends. When a class is started and restrictions are enabled for a group of students, those restrictions will remain in place until the feature is ...
Overview Instructors can add other instructors to a class to be able to monitor and manage the class together. A co-teacher could be a classroom aid, a substitute, or an administrator. Co-teaching allows multiple instructors to all engage with the ...